All cosmetology students in the state of Missouri are required to have student training licenses. After you provide the following required items to the school, the school will obtain your training license from the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners.
- Proof of age: must be at least 17. Submit Driver’s License, or Birth Certificate and picture I.D.
- Proof of education: submit original High School Diploma, GED, or official grade transcript showing completion and passing of 12th grade. Internet-only high schools may be accepted with owner approval.
- Social Security Card
- 2 Passport-size photos of yourself.
- $5 Money Order made out to:
“Mo State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners”
- Registration Fee of $100
- Applicants wishing to apply for financial aid need to complete their FAFSA online. See Financial Aid for more information.
All items are needed at least 2 weeks prior to your desired starting date.
Credit For Previous Training/Transfer Policy
Elaine Steven Beauty College will allow students to transfer into our institution on a case-by-case basis. The State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners of Missouri recognizes hours from previous training. Hours recognized by the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners will be accepted at Elaine Steven Beauty College without any loss of those hours. The school will contact the Board to determine the amount of previous training hours still in effect. Out of state students must get their hours approved by the Missouri State Board of Cosmetology and Barber Examiners before being admitted. Tuition will be charged on a pro-rata basis. (See Tuition insert). Elaine Steven Beauty College®will not accept transfer students from another school with 1000 or more transfer hours unless the student takes and receives a 67% or higher on an entrance exam administered by the school. Contact the admissions office for more information. Transfer students, once accepted, will be placed in the class level based upon the number of transfer hours the student is enrolling with. Transfer students will not be responsible for course work that comes before the level of class in which the transfer student is placed.
|First Day of Class||Enrollment Cut-off Date|