September 13, 2017
Have you been styling hair since you can remember?
Did you ever cut the hair of a younger sibling or cousin?
Did you ever cut your own hair?
Do you love flipping through fashion magazines and picking out styles you love?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you may be a perfect candidate for cosmetology school.
A good portion of your life has been spent in school learning about subjects that were chosen for you. Learning new things and always expanding your knowledge is important, but now it’s time for you to choose what to learn about. It’s time to go back to school…beauty school!
How to Start Cosmetology School
Getting all set up to go to cosmetology school isn’t a hard process. There are only a few steps that you will need to take and the best part is that someone will be there to help you out. At Elaine Steven Beauty College, we have a amazing admissions representatives to help you take all the necessary steps, which are:
- Getting Enrolled – The first step in going to cosmetology school is to get enrolled. At ESBC, you can enroll in our comprehensive cosmetology program and get on the road to becoming a beauty pro. To enroll, simply contact us, and we’ll go through the process with you. You can also check out our list of things you’ll need before contacting us to make things go a little quicker.
- Figuring Out Your Finances – The second step is to find a way to pay for your education. Many people get stuck in the rut of an old, boring job or settling for the status quo because they don’t know how they are going to pay for cosmetology school. Don’t let this hold you back. There are a lot of financial assistance options for those who qualify. You can explore these options with an ESBC admissions representative. They can help walk you through the options and teach you how to apply for them.
Once you have taken these steps, you should be in the system and on your way to becoming a beauty professional.
Getting Ready for Beauty School
Now that you know how to get enrolled, here’s a few things to help you get ready for the first day of class. Many people have a hard time venturing into the unknown, but following these steps can help you feel much more prepared and comfortable.
- Set Goals – It’s important to go into things with an idea of what you want to get out of it. What do you want to learn? Where would you like to work after you graduate from cosmetology school? During your time in school you will have access to really great resources like amazing educators who have a lot of knowledge and experience. You can learn a lot from these educators and they can give you valuable career guidance. After a while, your educator can become like a mentor to you. Before the first day of class, think about how you are going to soak up as much as you can during your time in school.
- Make Plans – Once you’re enrolled in school, make sure you make plans so you can be there. Not just physically present, but mentally engaged and active while your at school. If you have to plan out transportation to and from school, daycare for kids, or your work schedule, do it before the first day of class. This way you can show up worry free and ready to learn!
- Make Friends – This isn’t necessarily something to help you get ready for your first day of cosmetology school, but it will help you have a much better experience. Being outgoing and making friends will make your time in cosmetology school much more enjoyable. Not only will it make things more fun, but you can learn a lot from the other people at school. So be prepared to come out of your shell and make some new friends.
Build Your Beautiful Career
The beauty industry can be an incredible place to work. Many cosmetologists and beauty professionals will tell you that their jobs are rewarding, exciting, and fun. It’s never too late to start building a new career. Apply now and we can help you begin your journey. We can’t wait to meet you!